Hurricane Preparation and Recovery
Hurricanes Harvey and Irma will have historic levels of impact on physical, emotional and economic well-being for the people and communities in these storms’ path. For those not located in the affected areas, the level of compassion felt for family, friends, co-workers and people we don’t even know is heavy on the hearts of many.
PAS is available to provide assistance for those who coping with the natural stress that follows traumatic events and natural disasters. PAS services are confidential and available to employees and their dependents by calling call (800)-356-0845.
Additional resources are also available here. Click on the links below for quick access to helpful information:
Links for Workplace Resources
- American Red Cross: 1-866-438-4636 or 1-866-GET-INFO
- Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery http://www.redcross.org/get-help/disaster-relief-and-recovery-services
- 800-985-5990, Disaster Distress Helpline provides immediate crisis counseling. Individuals can also text TalkWithUs to 66746
- FEMA: Individuals and business owners who sustained losses can begin applying for assistance by registering online at www.DisasterAssistance.govor by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).
- FEMA Disaster Fraud Hotline 866-720-5721 or 844-889-4357
- FEMA Disaster Assistance registration (Video Relay Service users call here) 800-621-3362,
- FEMA Disaster Assistance registration for those with hearing loss or a speech disability 800-462-7585,
- SBP Understanding the Recovery Process: http://www.sbpusa.org/start-here/